Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford EcoBoost Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford EcoBoost Forum. Like most online communities, you must first please register to create a topic or reply to a post.

This is a simple and free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Ford EcoBoost Owners Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more
Posted Image

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

The best brand alternators

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jamesmsmall

jamesmsmall

New Ecoboost Member

• EcoBoost Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ranger
  • Interests:We provide professional high quality aftermarket Android car stereos with GPS navigation at a fair price with superior service of best aftermarket car stereos.

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:35 PM

Hi I have a 1986 E 150 300ci 6cyl engine. I needed to replace the alternator and bought a new Napa alternator. That alternator lasted about 5 months before it started to fail. The dash gauge would start to flicker and sometimes swing to the left to discharge then back to charge again. It had a warranty so I got another and after about 3 months the same thing happened. 

Best Aftermarket Car Stereos | Aftermarket Android Car Stereo

What's out there on the market that is a reliable alternator? I try and stay away from remanufactured one's but Napa has been the only alternator I found that sold as "new". All others for that year van are reman. Anyone have any experience with Wilson alternators? I've heard they are a good brand but the only one I can find for my van is a reman. one.

Edited by jamesmsmall, 14 September 2017 - 06:36 PM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.